Hey this is Chrissy, and I wanted to share some things about me that you may not know about me.
- Commercial jingles stick with me, and they may be repeated to you at random times. You may hear about an insurance company, a drink maker, or a toy store.
- I met my husband through my brother, they were best friends and on the volunteer fire department together. I was on the auxiliary and so many of the guys were like brothers to me. My brother is now a professional fire fighter, but my husband is no longer on the fire department.
- Myself, my husband, and my grandmother all have the same birth day – different years of course. My grandmother always thought I was born 2 days after her birthday until she had to get a copy of her birth certificate and found out she was incorrect on her birthday.
- My first job was a telemarketer for a cemetery. I had to call and schedule appointments for the sells representative to go out and try to sell plots to them. I then worked as a hostess in a seafood restaurant, in child care as a 3 and 4 yr old teacher, at a law firm, and then in the District Attorney’s Office. I now work at a domestic violence and sexual assault agency.
- I was almost named Crystal Gayle after the singer, but thank goodness they changed their mind. My oldest brother also ran away from home when I was born. Granted he ran to our uncle’s house, but he still reminds me that he ran away.
- Sea turtles are my favorite animal. To learn about their odds just to make it from the nest to the ocean is inspiring. The beach we go to always has sea turtle nests, and each year I stalk the nests just trying to see them making their journey, but I have never seen one hatch.
- I love the smell of tractors and tobacco curing. I grew up on a tobacco farm and those smells take me back to memories of my family and especially my grandfather. I was assigned the job of cutting the string on the stringer, driving the tractor, or helping at the barn.
- I do not handle emotion well. Most of the time I bottle it up until it overflows and then the tears flow. I feel like I have to be strong for others and if that means I cry in the shower of by myself then that is what happens. I will of course talk about issues to my husband, family, and friends but there are lots of times that emotions overtake me.
- I have the support system ever! They support all of my crazy ideas and ventures. If it is something that will take 30 minutes or an all night Relay For Life event. I do not know where I would be without them, but I do know that I would not be nearly as sane as I am today. My best friends and I may not be able to decide on where to eat, but we can quickly decide to meet for lunch.
- The beach is my refreshing place. When we worked in tobacco our payment every year was a trip to the beach. My first trip with Steve was to the beach. We got married at the beach. The first time we thought I was pregnant was at the beach. Two years later we went to the beach for our anniversary and a month later we found out I was pregnant. I would love to live at the beach, but don’t tell Steve because the last time he mentioned it I wouldn’t discuss it because I want to be close to my family and friends.
What do we not know about you? Feel free to share below.